As Adventists Christians who have the truth should we disrespect the way other sincere believers worship God?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

As Adventists Christians who have the truth should we disrespect the way other sincere believers worship God?

lovelyladybird2000
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: As Adventists Christians who have the truth should we disrespect the way other sincere believers worship God?

lovelyladybird2000
Are other believer just sincerely wrong?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: As Adventists Christians who have the truth should we disrespect the way other sincere believers worship God?

Noey
We should not be disrespecting anyone regardless of their beliefs? That's not the "Christian" thing to do. Sometimes we come across as holier than though because we say we have more light but that doesn't give us any right to disrespect them.  
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
Maybe we can learn from these two unlikely friends!!!

http://www.slide.com/r/hD6DvyAOxD9ClUhvUpVcUMABW9QzpGnQ
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

lovelyladybird2000
Very inspiring Noey :)
Reply | Threaded
|

lovelyladybird2000
How about if we discredit other sincere believers? Can we do this on the grounds that they don't have all the light that we supposedly have?

I have come across the most sincere and devoted Christians of other denominations and I have been amazed at how strong their faith and belief in Gods word is.

We can learn from each others strengths
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
I totally agree, sometimes because we have been given more light we subconsciously believe that we are better then others, this is a totally wrong concept. I suppose we should look at it like, with greater light we have greater responsibility.

One thing I've found is that sometimes we highlight our special insights so much that we miss the very basics of the Gospel, something other churches do better and we should certainly learn from them.
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

lovelyladybird2000
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
Very well put, plain and simple really isn't it.
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Godseeker
I agree with Noey, and also to add that we cannot expect others to listen to us if we are not willing to listen to them.  Respect is one of the first steps to witnessing effectively.  

Reply | Threaded
|

lovelyladybird2000
In reply to this post by lovelyladybird2000
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
I'm assuming that your link is a statement of respecting what others are doing and how they worship God. Fair enough, I could respect that but we must remember that the Gospel Commission is for us to make disciples of others for Christ. If any church (including ours) don't do that, then we are not fulfilling that commission.
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Vincy
We are always to respect people, whether they are christians/muslims or people who do not believe in God.   I think once we realise that we are all sinners and come short we will see people in a new light.  Even those of us to claim to have the truth fall short sometime.

We are to share our faith and belief with people and not try to stuff it down their throat.  But is so doing, we are also to be careful that we do not loose and compromise our beliefs and focus.  As Noey indicated, this is our great commission.