Can forgiveness ever be easy?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Can forgiveness ever be easy?

Noey
I read an interesting article on the BBC website talking about what it actually means to forgive and thought its a discussion worth having here on the forum, have a read and give us your thoughts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-13154300
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Can forgiveness ever be easy?

Vincy
Very interesting Article Noey.  I agree also that we often  take the word forgiveness very lightly.  It is often easier said that done and can only be done through God's grace and strength.

My question would be:  
How can some people expect one to forgive instantaneously when there is always a time needed for healing, whether you call yourself a Christian or not?.  If you heart is not healed from the hurt can you truly forgive?  Do we often pay lip sevice by saying we forgive, when we cannot look the person who has hurt us in the eye?
Reply | Threaded
|

happyladybird2000
I believe we can forgive but it doesn't mean we can forget
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
But if we don't forget, can we really forgive?
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

happyladybird2000
Can we forgive and also be weary?
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
Weary of what? forgiveness is a positive action done with a positive mindset, if you forgive someone grudgingly its not really forgiveness, Micah 7:19 says God will have compassion and cast our sins to the bottom of the sea, I don't get the impression that he did this being weary and we should certainly follow His lead.
Noey