23 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Good Thinking

Noey
Administrator
Introduction.

Our lesson this week is about "Good Thinking," which sounds like another term for "attitude." Let' dive into our study of the Bible and see what we can discover on this subject!

http://www.ssnet.org/qrtrly/eng/11a/less06.html
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Good Thinking

lovelyladybird2000
This post was updated on .
Attitude determines altitude

It is true that we are largely influenced by the company we choose to keep and so it is important to choose associations wisely. If you we hang around with the chickens of the world, we may become negative, impulsive and impatient like those who have not got the truth of Gods word in their hearts.

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

It is our believe and our faith in God that sets us apart.

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=7PKPLPNX
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
Administrator
Sunday's lesson mentioned this statement:

sinful acts are often preceded by definite thoughts. (Isn’t this what temptation is all about?) It is the duty of every Christian to learn to identify, with God’s help, the first steps in this process, because dwelling on wrong thoughts lead almost inevitably to sin.

is wrong thoughts the same as negative thoughts?
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Erene
As a man thinketh so is he
Think good and u will do good
Think bad and you'll do bad
Is this what this means?
Reply | Threaded
|

lovelyladybird2000
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Phillippians 4:8

Ask yourself is a negative thought

NOBLE?
RIGHT?
PURE?
LOVELY?
ADMIRABLE?
PRAISEWORTHY?

Hope you are set straight !

Reply | Threaded
|

Erene
In reply to this post by Noey
So sin can actually start in the mind thats if we dwell on it all the time

but we can make a choice to think or not to dwell on the bad thoughts
which can lead us into the sinful act?

It is only yeilding to the temptation, that is, doing the act it can then become a sin
what do you think?
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
Administrator
In the old days, some people thought that sickness/illness came about because of bad deeds or thoughts one may have done. Is the study for this week confirming that this might be true?
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

lovelyladybird2000
I believe there is a direct correlation in some cases along with not adhering to the health laws.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
Administrator
That's fine if you're referring to people getting sick or ill by not following healthy principles but what about bad/negative thoughts? Does that follow the same principle?
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

lovelyladybird2000
As I said I believe there is a correlation.

Joyce Meyer has written this book 'Battlefield of the mind' which can help people overcome negative thinking patterns.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Battlefield-Mind-Joyce-Meyer/dp/0446691097

http://www.joycemeyer.org/ourministries/broadcast/

Reply | Threaded
|

Erene
Sister Write wrote over a century ago, half of the health problems begin in the mind in her book "Mind character and personality"
The mind is very powerful so we have to be careful of what we think about
 we should only have good thinking
Reply | Threaded
|

Vincy
The mind is a very powerful thing.  The way we think can make or break you as a person.  We must always try and tune our minds to positive and life building thoughts.  Inevitable as Human beings we are likely to fall, but if our mind has been trained to be positive, we will bounce back from this.

Some people get depressed easily because they cannot control their minds.  Yes some people are clinically sick and may actually have a health problem regarding this.  But there are some of us who are so bent on being negative that we can affect other.
Reply | Threaded
|

lovelyladybird2000
Negative thought patterns can be inherited/learned from our families/circumstances but with Gods help he can brake the circle and live a more victorious life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffmzf2dv6Jw
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
Administrator
How about people who are born with negative personalities? you know the kind, those who think the glass is half empty type of person. Can they change?
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

lovelyladybird2000
They need to then meditate on Gods word
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
Administrator
ok that's fine but do we as other Christians have a part to play in their lives?
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

lovelyladybird2000
Avoid them where possible if you know they are being used by the devil to bring you down with their words and attitudes.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vincy
In reply to this post by Noey
I think we as christians can help them by trying to help them to focus on Christ.  I think Christ is inevitable the one who can help.  I don't agree that we should ignore them.   We should be strong enough not to let them bring us down but to try and influence them by OUR positive thinking.

With time they may come around, but do not give up and ignore them.
Reply | Threaded
|

lovelyladybird2000
I did not say ignore them but merely avoid them if you know they are going to bring you down. Love them from a distance and pray for them.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vincy
I guess that will be the safest thing if one does not think they are strong.  But I still think their needs to be some human interaction in order to help them change.  

The came goes for us.  When we feel down and out, even if we are having negative thoughts and may me totally negative about a situation, we need to have someone we can talk to.