How can we become better Christians in today's world??

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How can we become better Christians in today's world??

Noel
Administrator
I've relocated this question from Vincy under the main discussion topics.
Reply | Threaded
|

How can we become better Christians in todays world.

Vincy
Today we are bombarded by different issues i.e differences in Culture, differences in Religion, etc.
How can we stay true to our beliefs and what we know is right?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How can we become better Christians in todays world.

lovelyladybird2000
By improving our relationship with God
Reply | Threaded
|

The King
Matt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. That includes all inspired writings. if we live that way we would be extraordinary christians
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
I agree with Ladybird, our relationship with God is the foundation to everything we believe. Discipleship is a requirement of all believers and this should happen on a daily basis but sometimes this means we have to unlearn some of this things we grew up believing.
It does mean though that everyone is at a different stage in their spiritual walk and we need to appreciate the differences.
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
What if our beliefs are wrong? i.e. a christian christian believing The Lord's Day is on Sunday.
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

The King
our relationship with God is built by studying the scriptures without that we would only have a partial knowledge of God and unable to have a dynamic intermate relationship with him. also prayering to God as to a friend, who we are well aquainted with. meditation and contemplation of God and nature is also good.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
If you think about playing a game of Chess (or any other game for that matter) and we decide to play a grandmaster, who do you think would win? obviously the grandmaster, how do we get better at playing? obviously practice a lot, probably every day more many hours each day.
I think by the same way, we practice every day, many hours a day in fact to be a good christian. The technical term for it is sanctification and it should be our daily walk with God.
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Vincy
AHa.. Typical responses.

What about our fellowmen.  What is our relationship like with our brothers and sisters and neighbours around us?  

Christ said, as you do unto these, you have done the same unto me.  When we build great relationships with of fellowmen aren't we indirectly building our our christian relationship with GOD.  Some of us claim to study everyday and belief strongly in our beliefs, but are hopeless when it comes to dealing with a fellow human being.
Reply | Threaded
|

The King
without a strong love for God we would never love our neighbour as ourselves, this is the first and great commandment, the second is like unto it love thy neighbour as thyself.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jasper
When we realize that it is not "us" but "christ in us!" When Christ is truly living within us, we would have no need of these questions because it will be "Christ" doing "in" and "through" us! It first starts within ourselves, then within our homes, within our churches, then in the world. We cannot become better christians in today's world, if our own household is upside down, if our own hearts deceive us. We have to exhibit such a life that the world WANTS it, that the world will THIRST after what we have. The problem is that most of us are on the fence, have not truly chosen and we want want the world has. It's the other way around.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
Does the world want what we are plying? or is it a case that what we ply we don't even believe? What Jasper said was very well put and sometimes within our very own homes and churches this ideal is not met but we as individuals need to have Christ within us regardless of what is going on around us. I know its sometimes easier said than done but we must become disciples of God.
Noey