How long is a prophetic hour?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How long is a prophetic hour?

Noey
I was reading a blog earlier today and came across this question, it had some various answers so I thought I raise it here and see what we all think.

Here are some thoughts on it:

I guess on the day/year logic it would be about 15 days (365 days divided by 24).

In John 11:9 Jesus said, "Are there not twelve hours in the day?"
So on the day/year logic using the 12 instead of the 24, the answer can be doubled to 30-days.

In the context of the creation of the earth (6000-years), a day with the Lord is like a 1000-years.
And in light of Christ's statement that there are 12-hours in a day
1000-years/12-hours= 83-years 4-months?

Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How long is a prophetic hour?

calderman
Many people are a bit confused by this issue, because they apply the prophetic time method to all time period stated in the Bible.
Only prophectly can we apply the 1 day = 1 year principle given in Ezekiel 4.
Revelation tells us that there will be silence in Heaven for the space of half an hour, which effectively equates to 1 week,  

one half hour of time would be just about a week of regular days. So this would be the time, no doubt, that Christ and all the angels would be coming here to this earth to receive the saints of God, to take them back to the glories of heaven.

But if we look back at the flood story with Noah, again the Bible tell us that Noah was in the ark 7 days before it started to rain. There we can see that those 7 days were literal days and not 7 years.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How long is a prophetic hour?

The King
I would agree with that, there is a difference between prophectic days, and literal days, we have to consider the context.