14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Nature as a Source of Health

Noey
Administrator
Introduction.

Have you considered what nature has to teach us about those things that disturb our peace and cause us worry? Let's jump into our study of the Bible and see what we can learn about this!

http://www.ssnet.org/qrtrly/eng/11a/less12.html
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Nature as a Source of Health

Godseeker
not if its a hurricane or tsunami :(
Reply | Threaded
|

Erene
In reply to this post by Noey
I think this is what we should be asking
What things in Nature are used or should be used as a source of health?

Reply | Threaded
|

lovelyladybird2000
I believe in natural remedies and do not agree with putting foreign synthetic substances in my body even though prescribed by doctors. I know a great physician - God!
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
Administrator
But generally, don't pharmacist replicate whats in nature and concentrate it so that it benefits us? so in effect, we humans are using nature as a remedy.
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Erene
I was more thinking about what nature offers such as nutrition or foods, plants , water, waterfalls, fresh air or oxygen, sunshine, beautiful sceneries  
Reply | Threaded
|

lovelyladybird2000
Reply | Threaded
|

Godseeker
it can also be said that nature isnt what it used to be.  gmo food is about being bright and shiny, not necessarily with more nutrients, and fish have increasing levels of mercury.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
Administrator
How about nature, outside and relaxation? are we missing a trick each Sabbath by sitting most of the day in an enclosed space (church) and generally missing nature's inspiration?
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Godseeker
nature has lost some of its appeal.  we like being lazy and watching things rather than thinking about them.  if we were made to go outside and meditate on nature some if us would be sorely out of practice.  but it's good the lesson is reminding us that nature is given to us for enjoyment and spiritual rejuvenation as well as for sustenance.  
Reply | Threaded
|

Vincy
I THINK A LOT OF US ARE INDEED MISSING OUT NOEL.  LIFE IS SO BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE BUT SOME OF US ARE QUITE PREPARE TO LIVE ALL THE TIME BEHIND 4 WALLS.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SUN TO START SHINING TO ENJOY THE GREAT OUT DOORS AND WHAT GOD HAS GIFTED TO US.. COME SUNSHINE COME..

WITH REGARDS TO THE NATURAL FOODS WE KNOW IT IS ALSO GREAT...

PLEASE LOOK AT A PARABLE THAT I FOUND QUITE INTERESTING ON ANOTHER SDA FORUM...  QUITE INTERESTING IF I MAY SAY SO..  AND I ALSO SMILED

''Once upon a time there lived in Adventist Land a woman who made up her mind she would only use natural foods and other products. Nature would be her supreme guide about what to eat and drink.

“Husband,” she said one evening. “No more artificial food in this house. Only fruits and vegetables and other natural products.”

“Fine,” husband replied. “Anything as long as it occurs in nature, right?”

The next day he presented her with a large tray loaded with marijuana, alcohol, cyanide, opium, heroin, nicotine, cocaine, butterflies, pig’s feet, frog livers, and many other items. “All of these are fine, right?” he said, reaching for the plump brown worm.

“Husband,” the woman said, biting her lips to keep from storming at him. “I meant all the good things that come from nature. You have to use a little common sense.”

“Ah, that’s the problem,” husband said. “There isn’t enough common sense to go around.”
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
Administrator
the other side of the coin is that, due to population and human density, producing natural pure foods to feed everyone is not possible, that's why we end up having to look at GM foods that give us high yielding, pesticide protected food.
MAybe thats why God gave us the knowledge cause He knew that mankind would have to manipulate genes in food to feed people eventually!!!
Food for thought.
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Keira
Yes, natural medicine is the key to good health.
Reply | Threaded
|

Irvin
Hello everyone. It seems to me that everything that they sell in pharmacies is made of chemistry and this is not enough natural. Even if you just take a pill from your head. I offer you an alternative, which I myself switched to a few months ago, I decided that I would use natural nutritional supplements such as CBD oil. Who is with me? If you want to see the directory, then go to the site.