The Book of Eli

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

The Book of Eli

Noey
I watch this movie earlier today on tv, I know its been out a while and it does contain violence and some strong language but I think the message is so right for us today as Christians. Who else has seen it? what did you think?
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: The Book of Eli

The King
I have seen it but I'm not so sure we should kill to defend the book, it harks back to the medieval period of christianity, when the sword was used, instead of love to God and man, and is a blot on christianity.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
A couple of things stood out in the movie for me, the fact that the guy read the Bible every day and when he ended up loosing it, he didn't need to worry because he knew it by heart - the whole Bible - The other thing was the fact that at the start of the movie he would defend it at all cost (including killing for it) but when it came down to sacrificing his friend (back to good old relationships) he remembered what the Bible was all about and the message was more important that the book.
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

The King
the movie made me think, and it was good it showed the value of the bible and reading it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey