classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Today's word.

Vincy
Today's Scripture: Luke 5:8
When Simon Peter saw this, he fell at Jesus' knees and said, "Go away from me, Lord; I am a sinful man!" (NIV)

Comment:
We often long for God to display his power, but do we know what we are asking for?
What would you have said if you'd just witnessed the miraculous net-bursting catch of fish Luke tells us about in chapter 5 of his gospel?
In today's verse we read of Peter's response: no excitement or delight, just a sober recognition that in the bright presence of holiness, every nook and cranny of our sin is exposed.
Just like in Isaiah 6, when the prophet's vision of the holy God leads him to fear for his life, Peter acknowledges that he is not worthy to be near Jesus.
Yet, as Peter then discovers, Jesus desires relationship with His sinful people, and makes it possible for that sin to be dealt with.
What a great reminder of the power of Jesus, the seriousness of sin, and the wonder of forgiveness and relationship with God!

Prayer:
Lord God, we praise You for Your power, we ask forgiveness for our sin, and we thank You that You have made it possible for us to come before You. Amen.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Today's word.

Vincy
Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today...the LORD will fight for you; you need  only to be still”
(Exodus 14:13–14, NIV)

In the Bible, when the people of Israel came out of slavery and were headed toward the Promise Land, they were so happy to be finally free! But then Pharaoh changed his mind about letting them go and came chasing after them. They came to a dead end at the Red Sea and things looked impossible. Instead of staying in faith and focusing on the fact that God had delivered them before, the Israelites got upset, fearful and started complaining, “Moses, why did you bring us out here to die?” Moses replied, “Stand still and you will see the deliverance of the Lord.” He went on to say, “The Lord will fight for you if you hold your peace and remain at rest.” And the Lord was faithful to His Word and delivered them again.
Moses knew he had to get the people out of that negative mentality or they would be defeated, and the same is true for you. You may be in a storm of life, but don’t let that storm get in you. Instead, set your focus on God because He is faithful, and He will fight your battles. Stay calm and remain in peace today because God is going to deliver you and lead you into your promise land!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Thank You for Your goodness and faithfulness in my life. Help me keep my heart and mind focused on You. No matter what storm I may be facing, I trust that You are working behind the scenes and ordering my steps to the promise land you have for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Reply | Threaded
|

Noel
Administrator
Thought it would be good to have its own section so have moved it to the Bible section, feel free to keep adding to Today's Word. Thanks Vincy for posting.
Reply | Threaded
|

WORD FOR TODAY

Vincy
In reply to this post by Vincy
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“...We went through fire and flood, but You brought us to a place of abundance”
(Psalm 66:12, NLT)

In scripture, three Hebrew teenagers, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, were told to bow down to the king’s idol or they would be thrown into a fiery furnace. They said, “No, King. We’re not going to bow down. We know our God will deliver us.” Their attitude was, “We’re not worried about it. We know we have inside information. We know everything is going to be alright.” Notice they didn’t fight it. They weren’t upset. They weren’t complaining. They were at peace. They knew God Almighty had His hand upon them. The guards threw them into the fiery furnace, and when all was said and done, they came out without even the smell of smoke on them!
Notice that God didn’t deliver them from the fire; He delivered them through the fire. Maybe you are going through the fire today. Know that God is with you. He’s doing a work in you, and He’s displaying His glory through you. Remember, on the other side of the fire is a place of abundance and blessing! Stand strong and see the fulfillment of the promises He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for delivering and saving me. I stand strong no matter what I may be facing, knowing that You are with me. Thank You for protecting me through the fire and for leading me to the place of abundance and blessing You have prepared for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vincy
In reply to this post by Vincy
TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“...We went through fire and flood, but You brought us to a place of abundance”
(Psalm 66:12, NLT)

In scripture, three Hebrew teenagers, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, were told to bow down to the king’s idol or they would be thrown into a fiery furnace. They said, “No, King. We’re not going to bow down. We know our God will deliver us.” Their attitude was, “We’re not worried about it. We know we have inside information. We know everything is going to be alright.” Notice they didn’t fight it. They weren’t upset. They weren’t complaining. They were at peace. They knew God Almighty had His hand upon them. The guards threw them into the fiery furnace, and when all was said and done, they came out without even the smell of smoke on them!
Notice that God didn’t deliver them from the fire; He delivered them through the fire. Maybe you are going through the fire today. Know that God is with you. He’s doing a work in you, and He’s displaying His glory through you. Remember, on the other side of the fire is a place of abundance and blessing! Stand strong and see the fulfillment of the promises He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Father in heaven, thank You for delivering and saving me. I stand strong no matter what I may be facing, knowing that You are with me. Thank You for protecting me through the fire and for leading me to the place of abundance and blessing You have prepared for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.