classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

What comes first?

Noel
Administrator
In trying to reach people with our message ... what should be the first subjects to present. Some lead out with the Sabbath which is important. Some present God is Love. What do you recommend?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: What comes first?

The King
as a general rule I would tell them of Jesus and his love, but if they specifically ask me about the sabbath, I would answer their question, but in the context of Jesus being the Lord of the sabbath, Jesus is our saviour not the sabbath!
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
what about your fundamentals? how important are they in the early stages? or should they be left until they are baptized?
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

The King
we can teach the fundermentals because the way are presented in the 28 fundermentals focuses on God and Jesus throughout. we can present doctrine without being dry, if we study in advance how best to present.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vincy
People need to feel that we are friends to them first and that is what God has called us to be.  '' As we do to our fellowmen, we have done it unto Christ.''

Just think about it.  When you are friends with people,  you feel free to discuss easily and thus we can talk about God's love and saving grace.  As our friendships develop, so should our discussion and we can go into talking about our fundamental beliefs.

That saying,  there are cases, where you sometimes need to delve right into the meat of the situation, but generally, my forst position holds.
Reply | Threaded
|

The King
Jesus met people where they are so for Nicodemas, he opened the discussion with a theological point, you must be born again, he scratched where Nicodemas needed to itch. and built a relationship from there.
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
So do we all agree that befriending then telling about the love of Christ then explaining about the Sabbath ( and other doctrines) is the ideal way?
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

The King
God is big on relationship and I think that is were our priority should be too.