What shall we call our new church?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
31 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What shall we call our new church?

Godseeker
i speak from what i've observed.  just because someone is going through a particular situation, does not mean they have cut off their relationship with God.  If members would take the time to support each other rather than making assumptions, then perhaps I would comment more positively. No church (congregation) is perfect, but there's no excuse for not trying.

In the grip of grace

Reply | Threaded
|

calderman
Please don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you.
I have been promoting this for years that we are our brothers keepers, and some of our efforts
in evangelism shoud be done internaly with our own members.
Moving to a new church or a new location is a good thing, but will that change the  attitude of it's
members , I not to sure?
Reply | Threaded
|

Godseeker
i agree-changing the name or location does not imply change in the heart of the member...there's always hope...
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
It doesn't guarantee a change of heart but it does present an ideal opportunity to allow change to happen. I for one would like to see positive change. A time when maybe for once, we become unified in purpose for the benefit of the community. I live with that hope.
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

lovelyladybird2000
Amen !
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
How about a thought on a mission statement for our new church?
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Vincy
In reply to this post by lovelyladybird2000
I thought we were looking for a name for the Church... LOL...

The wheat and the tears must grow together until Jesus comes... Thus saith the Bible

We will never be able to get away from it..  

So back to the question...

What names can be suggested for the church?
Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
Well the list has been narrowed down and following discussions the name for the new church is:

Wycombe Community Seventh Day Adventist Church

Please continue to pray for this new beginning in a new part of Wycombe.
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Joann
I notice it's been almost two years since this conversation last took place... Any reflection on whether the new name met its intention?

Reply | Threaded
|

Noey
Yes, it's always good to sit back and see where we are and how we've travelled the path.  So the question is, has the churches name met with it's intention?

You ask an interesting question that may well have opposing views depending on whether you are observing from inside the church or observing from outside.  Personally, speaking from an inside perspective, I don't think so, the primary word in the title is "community" - have we become a community church? we'll we've started along that path but I don't think were anyway close to being where we should be by now. I think we've got stuck on a cultural treadmill and lost sight of community. Those on the inside, would you agree? Joann, as an onlooker, what do you see? I've shared this question with our Facebook crowd to garner a wider response.
Noey
Reply | Threaded
|

Joann
Honestly speaking, I have not visited much lately, and so I'm not sure myself. I would agree that the church has good intentions, however.